View Single Post
Old 10-02-2019, 07:22 PM   #6
Biggio509
Hall Of Famer

The 7 day only updates if you load the lineup for that day. It keeps it at what you put in until you change. So you can change your depth charts until the injury is over and reload each week or manually change the 7 day line up. Once you set it the only change you will see is if a starter gets demoted or put on the IL. None of this is automatic. Also if you set starting pitcher it won't change on its own. You have to redo this each week.

The option is for how much control you want. This allows you to be the manager only to the point of setting lineups for each game and then simming and allowing the AI to make subs after the first if needed.

There is no point in doing it if you manage the game, you can set the lineup pre-game. Allowing subs should only sub when someone needs rest. I haven't looked closely enough to see if that is the only time it does. It depends on how you sim. If you sim a week or more at a time you might get tired players playing if you don't sub out a time or two a week depending on schedule unless you allow subs. If you sim daily, you can juggle the lineup daily from the 7 day lineup based on who is tired and how batters are hitting.

I do believe that is the only way to use a swing man as a number 5 or number 6 starter. I maybe using the term wrong but I mean when you want to skip the starter last in the rotation when you have an offday in the next 5 or 6 days. Setting to strict order highest rested occasionally seems kind of random and highest rest doesn't seem to follow any real rotation.

Last edited by Biggio509; 10-02-2019 at 07:30 PM.
Biggio509 is offline   Reply With Quote