Thread: Stats only
View Single Post
Old 09-23-2017, 08:50 AM   #33
Mr. Marlin
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevem810 View Post
I'm curious what tools you use for the rookie draft with absolutely no ratings available. I'm guessing the HS/College Stats and the recommendation of a 'competent' scout with some amateur player assessment skills. Do you use any info beyond the above?
This is the big Achilles Heel to stats only IMO. Because I have no idea what the stat info the game generates for prospects even is of where it comes from. Is it amateur career total? Is it a "senior season" total? Is it random and no even tied to a player's skills? I have no idea and I don't trust it. So that leaves only one out: feeder leagues.

With feeder leagues you can get multiple seasons of stat history on prospects and see how they are performing and (most importantly) how they are progressing. Stats only is the one instance that makes feeders not just a curiosity but a necessity.

I guess one other way yo go would be to turn ratings on for the purposes of the draft if you really don't want to use feeders. IMO that would be immersion killing but it would serve that purpose without the hassle and tax on game resources of feeders.

There are no wrong answers in OOTP. It's what works best for you.
Mr. Marlin is offline   Reply With Quote