View Single Post
Old 03-18-2014, 05:07 PM   #53
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by revcarte View Post
With all due respect it is not a matter of whether or not you got your $ worth from the App. I happen to agree. But the company repeatedly made promises or commitments and then left everyone hanging for months and then decided to do nothing. That is what I meant when I said it was handled poorly and a bad reflection on the company. Integrity is something that still means something to me. Am I losing sleep, No. Just making a point.
We can't do more then explaining the situation. I will do it one more time (the last time):

When I joined OOTP Dev to make iOOTP I quit my job and took the risk that iOOTP will work out. As you all know, iOOTP is priced $5, people pay more for a coffee this days. Now, from this $5 I get just a small share as Apple (30%), PISD, graphics, PR and OOTP Dev get all shares too. On top of it we lose about 30% due to the bad Euro-$ exchange rate. All 3 versions sold about the same number of games, we were always happy with the numbers but it never was enough to support my life. So two years I had to cut back my expenses to make the game. When I had the chance to make FHM as my own project, I had to take it, otherwise I would be back to a normal job. With FHM I make enough money to support my life, in theory I could just abandon iOOTP. But that is not my intention, as I like the game a lot. So the last few weeks (and the upcoming weeks) I work on iOOTP (and on FHM in my "free-time") to release a new version this year.

Long story short: without FHM there would be no iOOTP anymore. We want to make a new version every year and we will continue to support it throughout the year if needed (bugs, smaller additions) but with such a small price it is not possible to work on it around the year fulltime.

I'm glad that most people here understand and I'm looking forward to another year of iOOTP. Can't wait for Opening Day and iOOTP in April.