Thread: Hometown Player
View Single Post
Old 06-01-2015, 11:53 AM   #22
ra7c7er
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by geoffmatt17 View Post
Can someone confirm the eligibility of players for this goal? As the Braves (in 2016), I signed Jeff Francoeur (from Atlanta, GA) to a minor league deal (uhh to save money!) knowing I can promote him and he'll make the minimum. I did promote him, he didn't qualify for the owner goal. Then later on I completed a trade and found out my owner now believes Matt Moore is the "closest match", who's from Ft Walton Beach, FL (325 miles per google maps).

1. So, had I signed Francoeur to a major league deal, would he have qualified?
2. Does it not matter that Francoeur has a history in ATL in addition to it being his hometown (drafted in the first round by the Braves and came up through their system)? I feel like fans would have a positive reaction to signing a guy like this as a backup in the twilight of his career.
3. Moore is a high profile guy (IRL at least, my current game says he's unknown nationally and locally which seems like a different issue altogether) so in my owner's eyes, does that trump bringing in a hometown backup?
1. As far as i can tell he has to have a major league deal and be on the active roster
2. It doesn't matter if they have had history with your team
3. Doesn't matter so long as you bring the guy from outside your organization and sign him to a major league deal and he's on your active roster then you're good.
ra7c7er is offline   Reply With Quote