Thread: Amen!
View Single Post
Old 09-03-2019, 05:25 PM   #24
damientheomen3
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra Mgr View Post
They can make an "easy run" only if they are FA's. What another owner does is of no consequence if the player is under contract.

Getting booed means nothing to me. Jesus was perfect and people killed him. So I'm under no delusion that I can satisfy the populace. The only thing I can control is my own happiness. And if I'm a billionaire owner, the last thing I'm concerned w/is public outcry. Sure some FA's will want to avoid me, But you know what? I'm not interested in getting into a committed relationship w/any one who on going in is worried about how they are going to get out of it. So that makes it a win-win for me.
Sorry if I wasn't clear, I meant it'd be ****ty for the owners to leave a player in a position to get booed by the home crowd every night.

I'll agree to disagree here. I just don't think setting players up to be ridiculed because they want out is a good look on any front, and I believe any team that would take part in that type of behavior in the long run would be doing so at their own detriment.

Not that basketball is relevant to the matter at hand in this thread, but I took us down that rabbit hole. Sounds like Zeke and Dallas are close to a deal though, can't wait to see how much they're hampering their future maneuverability by signing him!
damientheomen3 is offline   Reply With Quote