Thread: Amen!
View Single Post
Old 09-03-2019, 04:13 PM   #23
Cobra Mgr
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by damientheomen3 View Post
The alternative is playing hardball with these players, letting them ride the bench while inevitably getting booed on a nightly basis at home games, and making your team look like a really bad option to any prospective free agent. Even if every team/owner took that stance, all it does is provide a team/owner that is willing to break the status quo an easy run at players that don't want to play for a team that would do that sort of thing.
They can make an "easy run" only if they are FA's. What another owner does is of no consequence if the player is under contract.

Getting booed means nothing to me. Jesus was perfect and people killed him. So I'm under no delusion that I can satisfy the populace. The only thing I can control is my own happiness. And if I'm a billionaire owner, the last thing I'm concerned w/is public outcry. Sure some FA's will want to avoid me, But you know what? I'm not interested in getting into a committed relationship w/any one who on going in is worried about how they are going to get out of it. So that makes it a win-win for me.
4 all my future crimes.

- Prince
Batdance
June 7, 1958 - Apr 21, 2016
Cobra Mgr is offline   Reply With Quote