View Single Post
Old 12-28-2018, 06:35 AM   #1
Lithium
Bat Boy

Doubleheader schedule request

A fairly complicated one I think, but I’m hoping someone can help me out here
16 team league, split into 4 divisions of 4 teams each

The complicated bit is that teams only play on weekends – one game on Friday, with doubleheaders on Saturday and Sunday.

The season would take place over 20 weeks – the first 18 weeks follow the format above, with the last two weeks having doubleheaders on Friday as well as Saturday and Sunday.

Teams play 102 games total, 10 times against each team in their own division (2 two-games series at home, 2 two-game series on the road, plus an extra home game and an extra road game), and 6 times against teams in the other divisions (1 two-game series at home, 1 two-games series on the road, plus an extra home game and an extra road game). That’s 30 divisional games, 72 non-divisional.

This means each team has 36 two-game series (12 divisional, 24 non-divisional), which occupy all but four of the Saturday/Sunday doubleheader slots

Each team also has 30 games played as a one-game series (6 divisional, 24 non-divisional), 18 of them are played on Fridays as the only game that day, 8 of them are played as doubleheaders on Saturday/Sunday, the remaining 4 are played as Friday doubleheaders in the last two weeks of the season.These would obviously not be traditional doubleheaders, as the two games would be against different opponents.

I hope this is workable, but if not I can amend my ideas to something a little simpler.

Last edited by Lithium; 12-28-2018 at 06:36 AM.
Lithium is offline   Reply With Quote