Thread: new FHM player
View Single Post
Old 08-10-2017, 10:01 PM   #6
Adam B
Hockey Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooperthegiantscat View Post
So here is a question concerning roster management. I am running a Federal Hockey League team, the Port Huron Prowlers. I need at a minimum 14 prospects under the age of 26.

It looks like I am going to have to cut a few over age players or trade them away for younger because I only have 3-4 spots open on the club active roster and sending them down still gives me an error message.

How do more experienced players approach dealing with leagues utilizing age restrictions? According to the league "rules" page there is no maximum age but in order to have enough players under 26 you'll basically have a unofficial age limit to make use of the team's restrictions under the league rules.

Can anyone offer any advice on what they look for when deciding to keep older players vs younger players when there is a age limit present?
Honestly, it's really tough. Starting with one of the minor leagues is - since you sometimes lose control of your roster. I would recommend if you're going to do that make sure you're playing in Sandbox and not Path to Glory in case you get boxed into a situation.

Personally, what I look for when I'm coaching minor league teams is guys who fit the role. I look for my 3 or 4 veterans I want and build around that. Sometimes going younger is better.
Adam B is offline   Reply With Quote