View Single Post
Old 04-29-2017, 07:02 AM   #13
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

None of these ideas have anything to do with real historical play. They are about a completely new semi-historical mode. Fictional structure with real players and/or partial historical structure with real players. Unless I am mistaken.

As such I am willing to adjust the database as necessary to achieve this goal but those of you who wish to play this way will need to help. I read vague complaints here without any actual helpful reporting of trials and results. MitchKenn points out that real players with fictional structures can be achieved by doing lots of hand work. Lets start there and start treating this as a bug report rather than a wine report. For instance can you create a fictional structure and fill it with real players? If not why not? Where exactly does doing this process fall apart? Lets create a useful plan by examining how this can be accomplished now and what actions the programmers can take to up the ease of use for the gamers like you.

For instance: a button to auto-delete all real historical leagues and teams and dump all the players into the free agent pool might be useful? I don't know if this matters if you are starting with a fictional structure anyway. Perhaps an auto-import real players choice would be better? Can this be done already? If not why not. Where does this process break down? This is what I am challenging interested parties with. Lets see where the processes already in place can be improved as well as defining anything that impedes this process.