View Single Post
Old 04-28-2017, 12:13 PM   #3
mitchkenn
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprague View Post
I just did a test of historical minors. Title says it all.
What bothers me is to play with all the players you must have the real life structure to the game. I can't just have 1 or 2 minors in the 1940's, I have to have all 50. If I turn off the minors, the players don't show.

I don't know why it can't run like the spritze database where the players are there and you can play with or without the standard format.
Too bAd as it seems the players rate well (except negro league players who take too much of an ab/ip hit).

Anyway it's not what I hoped for. So back to the adjusted spritze and keep playing from it.
Wish this db would change those options for the future.
you CAN just delete (each year) those minors you don't want to use. The players fall into Free Agency and you can have the actual minors you want. A bit of work each year, i agree.
"I saw a young man leaning on his wooden crutch - He called out to me, 'Don't ask for so much' And a young woman leaning in her darkened door She cried out to me, 'Why not ask for more?' " - Leonard Cohen
"Hello darkness, my old Friend ...." - Paul Simon
Before Mays, before DiMaggio, there was Oscar Charleston.
"All the lies about Babe Ruth are true." - Waite Hoyt

Avatar is the late great Townes Van Zandt. rip.
mitchkenn is offline   Reply With Quote