View Single Post
Old 12-22-2014, 08:56 AM   #80
Biggio509
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSUColonel View Post
Orcin....yes, they do I think the debate however is how the AI reacts to those reports...to the AI, it's gospel....despite numbers it seems...or at least that seems to be the argument.
It is well established for many versions that the AI using a streamlined scouting system based on the same principles as the reports players receive. Overall ratings are not pure scouting.

Look at AI settings this obviously affects AI decision making. You will see the AI evaluation factors. Default is ratings weight 30%, current year stats 50%, past year stats 15%. and two years ago 5%. The AI heavily makes decisions on how the player performed this year. There maybe some tweaks for minor leaguers and obviously draft players who don't come from feeders would be different but the AI puts less weight on ratings (scouting) than you think. I can't show I know the algorithm for AI decision making but the basic input factors are known and adjustable.

I think the problem is for minor league players you might want more emphasis on scouting and for major league players more emphasis on stats. You just simply can't tweak that though. This has probably been my biggest complaint over the years and it isn't huge. The scouting % in AI evaluation should differ by the age and classification of the player. Where as guys like Molina might be scouted to see if he is declining if he were a free agent I doubt many teams would be relying on a scouting report to make a decision. Where as a guy like Singleton might have a bit more weight on his reports.

So my question do most of you use the default AI evaluation or tweak it more towards or away from stats? I used to up the stats a bit but honestly haven't done that since maybe OOTP 11 or 12.
Biggio509 is offline   Reply With Quote