View Single Post
Old 04-11-2013, 10:20 PM   #4
VanillaGorilla
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGH-Adfabre View Post

I set the league up to use the reserve roster.
1) Will the league automatically change this to minor leagues?
2) If not, has anyone transitioned this manually?
3) How did you do it? Add 1 level per season until desired number?
4) Does the game automatically move the draft date to a summer draft in "modern" times? If so, when?
5) Do you use the expansion draft with league expansion? If so, how many rounds?
1) No.

2) Yes.

3) 1910 is a good year to add AAA. I prefer to just play with AAA minors as it best suits how I play, now (random debut). In OOTP 12 (before the random debut feature) I played historical leagues with fictional players also generated. When I got to the point where I had 40 Free Agents for each ML team in the FA pool, I would add another level of minors.

4) No. The game is designed to use an off-season draft. You would get Willie Mays playing less than his 121 games with his rookie stats if you had him getting drafted in the summer. However, there are pluses to having a summer draft. One is that you get additional talent in the league mid season to replace injured players or add depth to short positions which could result in a skewing of individual performances, otherwise. For my play style, the post season draft works better for me. Others prefer the summer draft scenario. I don't see a right/wrong condition, here.

5) I have simply stuck with the default. Haven't played with changing that up, at all.

I hope some of this was helpful.
VanillaGorilla is offline   Reply With Quote