View Single Post
Old 07-16-2011, 02:15 AM   #5
Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicagofan76 View Post
Well i had planned to give ya the link for the OOTP 11 manual but that seems to not be working right now.

Why dont you start with something you are familiar with.

Theres logos and uniforms for the Australian Baseball League on Padresfan.

OOTP FaceGen Files

Under International

Why dont you create the ABL?
I have it as part of my 25 League Universe and although I am not a GM in that league I trade for players in it often.

Otherwise i would suggest a simple MAL setup with 3 levels of minors...and then you can search on here for various caps/logos/uniforms along with on Padresfan.

Or see if someone has a simple quickstart for 12.

if you use the search feature on here there might be a QS for the ABL or tips on creating an accurate schedule for it.

What would you say your level of baseball knowledge is?
I would put mine in the top 98% of all people on this board and even i let the AI deal with my minors. I do roster moves, trades,signings, drafts for the ML level only for most of my leagues, mostly because 90% of the time the AI does it right, also because I like to concentrate on just the level i am at.

Another option is start a simple 8 team fictional League with just a AAA a 5 round draft a 120 game schedule and start off as MGR only and let the AI GM deal with roster moves and drafting and such.
Thanks for the info.
I would put my baseball knowledge in the bottom 1% of all people on this board
When I was younger through the efforts of my late Father (who was from the US) I gained a great knowledge of American Football as we would watch alot of games together on the TV. Whilst he was a baseball fan - due to a lack of coverage of the game here in Australia at the time, he didn't really have the same vehicle as we did with football to develop a mutual interest in the game.

Perhaps naively, I chose the game because I do have an affinity with sports management games, and especially love the challenge of developing a team over a number of years. I've enjoyed playing the NFL management game Front Office Sports Football and soccer game Football Manager.

Basically, whilst I have an understanding of the rules of baseball, it's the kind of stuff you know by following a sport for years or growing up with it in your blood that I really lack. And with a game such as this I would imagine it's those things that really count.

On the plus side, I am a sports loving kinda guy with an ability to learn given enough time. I may just have to ask really stupid questions frequently here to try and aid my development!
Yankee Hotel Foxtrot is offline   Reply With Quote