View Single Post
Old 02-06-2019, 11:16 PM   #39
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogberry99 View Post
If that is an exploit, then people are also exploiting the friends system. It is one thing to play PT with people you like, but it is another to fill an entire league with teams at a similar competitive level (both higher and lower) to game the promotion/relegation system into something more than the devs intended it to be.

I have my concerns that both "exploits" are resulting in a gaming experience the devs never intended. I also don't know this, so I leave it to them to make any course corrections. Worrying about it has no effect on me ultimately, other than to raise my blood pressure a bit if I let it.
Personally, the "play the 27 Yankees to get free packs" feels like an exploit to me. We'll look into it some more to see if it's worth stopping or there's anything we can do to patch the hole, but it's definitely not the "intended" way to play.

As for the friends league with a self-imposed cap, to me, that's not an exploit any more than the "friends" league from the discord with all the crazy top rosters. Yeah, setting up both the Diamond and Perfect leagues to try to get the promotion/relegation into those leagues is probably something we didn't really intend or think of, but on the other hand, I don't see that as a problem. I mean, the first few months of the system we intentionally set up the promotion and relegation so that more often than not, teams moved together in order to promote rivalries.

Now, if you set up your friend list with a bunch of top teams and 4 really crappy teams, with the intention that teams in the league can beat up on them to gain points, or to explicitly use those 4 as the expected teams to get relegated, then yes, I would consider that an exploit. But to me, if you can find 30 people willing to get together, put in the effort to set up the leagues, and use a self-imposed cap, I'm fine with that. If you can find 30 perfect league teams where none of you use a card higher than Bronze, I'm perfectly happy to have you set that league up. As long as everyone is playing fair, I'm happy to see you use the tools we give you to set up your own pool.
Matt Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote