View Single Post
Old 03-28-2017, 01:19 PM   #23
BBGiovanni
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavebutter View Post
A note about stadium capacity. I mentioned it before in this thread as well as in another one. I don't want to have to monkey around with stadium capacities as teams move up and down the ladder. It's too much work, and not realistic for teams to have to make major stadium renovations each time they get promoted or relegated. From a financial standpoint, the relevant factor is revenue. That said, all of the stadia in this sim have capacities between 33-51k.

More soon.
I'm sure I've seen suggestions before to use stadium size as an efficient, direct proxy for market size. In other words, one would give big market teams bigger stadiums and thus more gate revenue.

In building my league, I'm using neutral stadium stats for gameplay and basically placing every team in a generic park by level. So there's a "Premier League Ballpark" with 60k seats, a "Major League Ballpark" with 45k seats, and so on down the levels.

In my world I'm going to assume that promotion means the team gets to expand their capacity, but they don't have to downsize when they are relegated. A stadium once expanded stays expanded. That will give relegated teams a financial advantage, but I'm hoping that will offset some of these wacky owner decisions you've noted in which they suddenly spend less when relegated or promoted.

Also, in building my league I noticed that (as suggested above) the estimated financials often were out of whack after using the fixed modifiers to reduce the payrolls and so forth automatically. I boosted the media revenues for each league to offset what seemed to be projected deficits for each team, but that meant there was less spread between the media revenues at each level than I anticipated. I don't know how much that will affect things once I start sims, but I'll report back.
BBGiovanni is offline   Reply With Quote