View Single Post
Old 02-20-2017, 02:19 PM   #35
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Another interesting HoF stat from my league. So far the database tells me there have been 3,465 players that have played in the big leagues in my league (for some reason, the game erases those that do not make the big leagues, even though I tell it not to), and 36 players have been elected to the HoF. That means it is the Hall of the top 1.04% of all players in the game, which is right around where you'd want it I'd say.

Because I'm still in OOTP16, I use the old Spritze database to supplement the regular database. Every draft year, the main database supplies me with 80 players (16 teams * 5 round draft), and I top it up with two players from the Spritze database, using a random number generator and the master file. So far, no Negro Leaguers , but lots of Japanese and Korean players, plus one or two from Chinese Taipei and some PCLers for good measure. I should be at 80 players * 42 drafts = 3,360 players + 704 players (44 players * 16 teams) in the inaugural draft + the 84 Spritze database players that have entered so far = 4,148 players, so it looks like about 83.5% of players drafted are ending up with at least one appearance in a game (or a "cup of coffee" if you will). Not bad. It also means I've used up 4,064 players (just over 22% of the database) from the regular database so I should have roughly 14,325ish to go after 42 years (there are only 18,400 in the regular database because it was compiled following the 2014 season). Not bad. Once I start expanding, they'll get used up at a quicker rate, but never more than 150 per year (don't intend to go past 30 teams, well maybe 32 to even things out in the two subleagues, but that's about it).

Should be able to get to about the year 2050 with the amount players I have in the regular database. Whew! That's a long way off from 1943 where I am now.

Last edited by actionjackson; 02-20-2017 at 02:49 PM.
actionjackson is offline   Reply With Quote