View Single Post
Old 05-25-2007, 04:05 AM   #139
frogger6
Minors (Single A)

Norfolk Tigers

I'm playing in a league i created (English League).
For some reason I started myself on no team and therefore didn't have any say in the draft. I got myself hired one way or another (maybe i cheated, i can't remember) by the Norfolk Tigers.
Looking at their roster, they seemed to be a pretty average team. I had one star starting pitcher, a very very good thirdbaseman, and a good left fielder and then a bunch of scrubs pretty much.
I decided right away to scrap everything but my thirdbaseman (who was ranked the top third bagger in the league) and get prospects.
Normally (in real life) this would take a good 4 or 5 years before you'd see any results on the field. I know this because i'm a diehard Brewers' fan. In our case, it's taken about 25 years, but we can't really count the selig years because they had no real interest in winning.
ANYWAYS, as you might expect, i lost about 90 games in my first season. I've played 12 games of season 2 and i'm 5 - 7. Not really the start I was hoping for, but I know the team is much better this year.
I know can offially say I have the nubmer one farm system in the league. Anyone with less than 2 star ratings in the potential column is walking on thin ice right now. they're dropping like flies.
I guess my trade ratio is a bit unrealistic as it seems I'm always moving guys in and out in the minor league level.
At the big league level i've tried to remain as consistant as possible.
I've gone much younger though. I think my team's average age is about 25. no joke.
I have to figure out how to post a screeshot.....

Last edited by frogger6; 05-25-2007 at 04:05 AM. Reason: typos
frogger6 is offline   Reply With Quote