Thread: 3D Improvements
View Single Post
Old 03-19-2019, 11:49 AM   #37
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdWatcher View Post
Watched some games last night from various camera angles, including a spot pretty much right behind home plate, and loved what I saw.
As previously mentioned, pitcher arm angles look great. Saw a nice pick-off move that seemed quite realistic. Like the way catchers look when they throw to second when runner is stealing.

A little glitchiness with pitchers when they field (and even occasionally when an infielder makes a play that is in the vicinity of the pitcher)- they seem to go into another dimension for a nano-second and then re-emerge a few feet away, but mostly wonderful.

Sat out by the rightfield foul pole for one game and liked what I saw with the outfielders and the angle of balls hit into the outfield.

Bunting has taken a big step forward visually. Love that.

One thing I haven't noticed yet is if arm angles for infielders change depending upon the play. I'm seeing a lot of over-the-top arm angles and not sure if there are any sidearm angles for infielders (especially shortstops) as these are often used when body positioning makes this the more natural and efficient approach.

And still find some outfield plays a bit clumsy, particularly on plays in front of the outfielder where they either catch the ball on the bounce or make what sort of appears (from a distance, anyway) as a diving catch (though PBP seems to indicate that isn't the reality), but really kind of more looks like they've stumbled just as they approach the ball but then make the catch. Not sure I got a good close-up look at this so wondering what others are seeing in this regard?

Make sure to post 3D issues in the bug forum, especially the "teleporting" player issues. You can replay the last replay and then it copies stuff to your clipboard. Paste that into the correct bug thread with a little blurb on what happened.

Each update they have been fixing these 3D glitches.

One thing I love.. the ball flights are much better and more varied!
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote