View Single Post
Old 07-11-2013, 09:47 PM   #71
VanillaGorilla
All Star Starter

Class of 2055: None

No players were named to the HOF by either the VBBWAA of the Veterans Committee. This is the last year without any new First Ballot entrants (players that were on the ballot with the one year wait, but were removed when the 5 year wait began were not given a second First Ballot Screening).

I was in error when I posted previously that there would be zero inductees in 2056. The only ones that will get in next year will be through the First Ballot screening. I am pretty darn sure there will be at least one, but I have been wrong about that before, also.

The voters and Vet Committee have gone heavily towards hitters entering. This does not affect any future selections re hitters v pitchers. That more hitters have entered does not alter the selection process to continue to favor hitters or to favor pitchers in order to make up for the disparity. The hitters will continue to enter at a probability rate of 2:1 over pitchers.

The highest career totals for eligible players not yet inducted are:

244 wins (8th)
4322 strikeouts (10th)
2573 hits (21st)
516 HR (27th)

----------------------------------------

My season was disastrous. I scored 1 out of 100. Have to expect that when your entire rotation is of middling AAA quality.

There was one SP with 3.5 overall stars in the pool. There was also Stan Musial. I picked 4th, and I would not have gotten either of them even if I had picked third.

I did get Doug Rader, who has signed with me, with the 4th pick, and fills a hole at 3B. Rader was a good player, in his day, but it is no slight to Rader in saying that the drop-off from Musial to him is, um, fairly substantial.

I have great confidence that I will not last all the way through this coming season running the Stripes.

I do have some quality arms that will be coming off of injuries, but when the arms are coming off of injuries, it is a fool's game to count on them as being quality upon their return.

That OOTP models this is just another super cool thing about this game.
VanillaGorilla is offline   Reply With Quote