View Single Post
Old 12-10-2007, 05:48 PM   #13
Long_Long_Name
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaitiaki View Post
I'm a little confused by your description here. You say you have previous seasons "in" Cato, but that you only started using it in 2005. Obviously, the converter is only going to work properly for seasons that are in your Cato database, which starts with the year that you first used Cato.

If you want the import process to bring in information from seasons before you were using Catobase, you'd need to manually add that information to the CSVs generated by Ryan's utility before importing those CSVs into OOTP.
Believe it or not, that was the clarified, or second draft .

I wasn't surprised at all that the data for non-Cato years wasn't imported properly - I was surprised, however, to see it was misappropriated to the team they played for subsequently, especially since OOTP previously treated "orphan" years (seasons played on franchises that no longer existed at the moment of conversion).

I wanted to stay general to deal with the problem itself, but I'll describe my actual situation, hopefully it'll be clear enough. I started a league in 2002, simmed three seasons (in order to have stats before the initial draft), reset everything and drafted in 2005. So, from the teams that played in 2002-2004, none played afterwards, they were all deleted and they had no link to 2005 and after. So, 2005 was the league's first "official" year. When I converted from 6.5, OOTP read these years as "pre" years as well, displaying no team name next to the player's 2002-2004 seasons. However, after importing, a player that played for a fake team from 2002-2004 is shown as having played these years for the same team they played in 2005... when the team didn't even exist back then. Clicking on the 2002 line will give the team's 2005 roster with their 2002 stats, even though the players didn't play on the same team.

Basically, my point is that regular conversion from 6.5 treated "orphaned" years as... well.. just that. Cato treated "orphaned" years as "unknown". But importing Cato in OOTP8 treated "orphaned" years as actual seasons that didn't exist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaitiaki View Post
Clarification: has all record of the news stories vanished completely, or do you have a whole bunch of "blank" stories (there are listings for the supposed stories in the game, but the subject line/contents are empty)?

- Kai
How foolish of me . The stories are blank, whether it's the manager news, league news or team news (the displayed player pictures are consistent with what the news stories were, however).