View Single Post
Old 07-20-2019, 11:59 AM   #2
Tiger Fan
Hall Of Famer

My dynasty begins in 1901 for all of the sports except for golf which I started in the mid-1890's using an old sim I found on my backup drive that I did about 4 years ago and it was in 1910 now. I am going to pick-up my recaps beginning in 1901 though. The leagues are alligned like this:

BASEBALL - I have a standard 16 team major league with real team names. Each club has 4 levels of minors and there are a few extra minor league teams scattered through the league's that are unaffiliated. There are also two independent leagues with one based in Mexico and one in Canada. The independents do get some local players each year but the vast majority of the talent comes from a 72 team NCAA feeder league. The league is divided into 8 conferences that play a 120 game schedule strictly within their conference as they battle to earn a spot in the 16 team College World Series. I originally had a high school level feeder league as well but in testing there were far too many players coming in to the league each year so I deleted the high school league and lowered the college ages a year or two. The file itself is a slightly modified version of one of the two quick starts I shared here

HOCKEY - A pseudo historical version of the early days of hockey starts with a 6 team league of Canadian teams but will eventually expand and relocate some teams to include the Original Six plus two. It is real team names but entirely fictional players like each of the other sports.

COLLEGE FOOTBALL
- There was an old 1970s mod made for BBCF many years ago. Several years back I tinkered with it a bit to make it closer to the 1930s. I started my league in 1901 many years ago and have played it slowly off-and-on for years always running a team. While the gameplay can't be adjusted to 1930s style football, the team names and top clubs started out as being designed to mimic it so there will be different schools like the University of San Francisco, Texas Mines and Sewanee playing in this league and the conference alignment's are decidedly old school. No ACC or SEC instead many of those teams can be found in the Southern Conference. The SWC is still active and there are many independents including powerhouses Notre Dame and Army. I also used a OOTP 1900s-1950s names file to mod the names of my BBCF athletes to be more era appropriate.

PRO FOOTBALL
- I just restarted my pro football league as I found the draft class exports for BBCF seniors beginning in 1909. The plan is to run a league from 1909-1919 that folds and then I will import the player pool into my NFL when it debuts in 1920. This means there is no initial pool of created players in the NFL. All are from my BBCF league.

GOLF - as mentioned in the first post I started my golf solo career many years ago and recently discovered the save along with all of my old course files. It's 1911 in this world so it will blend in nicely with the other sports. I will try to play an occasional tournament but the recaps will be brief and focused primarily on the majors.

COLLEGE BASKETBALL- I mentioned in the previous post that I love FBCB. It is so easy to mod and the only limitation is I don't believe I can eliminate schools that drop out of D1 so the only restriction is once I had a school it stays forever. Using that, I found a great 1953 league mod and worked back to the early 1920s where I was going to start my league and then add teams and change conferences according to history. But I decided I wanted to start in 1901 and have a history like my other sports so I kept the same 1922 alignment and will use it from 1901 until I pass 1922. I am having a blast playing this game and I am not really much of a basketball fan, but the recruiting is addictive. It is easy to learn the basics but very hard to master so I will see how my Oklahoma Sooners fare now that I have taken the helm after simming from 1901 to 1909 to build a bit of a league history.

PRO BASKETBALL - FBPB2013 is just as easy to mod and supports multiple leagues. (Why can't someone make a football series just like this) I did a little research nd there were several regional based pro leagues in the first half of the 20th century before the NBA was born. I am using a combination of teams from them to create my Eastern Professional Basketball League. I will sim only in this league. It is strictly there for me to track the careers of college stars after they graduate.

So that is a quick backstory. Next up will be 1901. If you want to know more about any of my league setups, or some of the games, feel free to ask.
Tiger Fan is offline   Reply With Quote