View Single Post
Old 07-03-2008, 03:02 PM   #135
Curtis
Hall Of Famer

Three unrelated issues

Like Judge Dredd, I have noticed that periodically the inning ending summary will read 'no one left on base' when someone has been left on. This usually happens to me after an inning-ending fielder's choice, but I see that wasn't the case for the Judge.

Like Ian, I sometimes get what appears to be the wrong fielder making a play. Aside from the examples in my previous post (where the PBP doesn't appear to take into account when the infield shifts left or right), there's a repeating one where Jukodo, one of my first basemen, ranges over into right-center to catch short fly balls (not popups). Now, Jukodo does have a pretty good range, but no better than my other first baseman (who hasn't gotten this result, though that may be sample size) and not as good as any of my second basemen. who start the play much closer to where the ball lands. Besides, the whole idea of a first baseman catching fly balls just seems a little odd to me.

Finally, there were frequent problems with the play by play description of the ball flight not matching the animation of the ball flight. That would be frequent as in many times per game. I've been assuming this is a problem with the ball animation, and Ambermonk has raised this issue down in Tech Support, but it eventually occured to me that the problem might lie with the PBP, instead.

Keep up the good work! This is looking better all the time.
Curtis is offline   Reply With Quote