View Single Post
Old 11-22-2019, 08:52 AM   #76
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

Ah, finally a World Series to rave about. The 1904 series between the St. Louis Browns and the Boston Beaneaters started out looking like it was going to be another ho-hum affair. The series kicked off in Boston. Right off the bat Boston jumped out to a lead when Mike Trout took Johnny Allen deep in the bottom of the first. A couple innings later, Trout would smack another Allen pitch out of the stadium this time with 2 on base and Boston was cruising. Trout wasn't done either. He would come to the plate later in the game with the bases loaded and drill a triple. Game one was a blowout.

Game 2 wasn't much better. Again Boston built a sizable lead and St. Louis struggled at the plate. Josh Beckett pitched a gem for the Boston.

Off to St. Louis with the Browns down O-2. Boston once again jumps out to an early lead. This time it's Dusty Baker doing all the damage with 2 bombs driving in 5. The Beaneaters take a 7-2 lead into the 9th and hand the ball to Joaquin Benoit to seal the deal. Ah being a Tiger fan, I couldn't help but get a chuckle out of what happened next. The Browns explode for 6 runs and a walk off win. We have us a series.

The next two games in St. Louis go to the Browns. Mike Trout has went silent along with the rest of his Beaneater teammates.

It's back to Boston, with the Browns up 3 games to 2. The home teams have won every game so far and game 6 would continue that trend. Mike Trout finally wakes up with a huge triple. Josh Beckett pitches another gem and it's off to game 7.

So, I have all day to sit at work thinking about the Game 7 I will play when I get home. Sean Manaea on the mound for the Browns, Dolf Luque going for the Beaneaters.

Last edited by David Watts; 11-22-2019 at 08:53 AM.
David Watts is online now   Reply With Quote