View Single Post
Old 11-18-2019, 04:58 PM   #61
Beirnej1
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by actionjackson View Post
Were you using a specific season to base your stats off of, or just progressing year-to-year? I now use OOTP Classic for injuries and high position player fatigue, and I'm finding it pretty much mirrors what happened in terms of G, PA, and AB in terms of the leaders in those three categories. When I used average position player fatigue, I got about three times as many players hitting the 155 G, 650 PA, and 600 AB thresholds, which I didn't like at all. I also use Strict Rotation, occasionally highest rested, and that seems to do the best at holding down the leaders in IP to more 1984ish numbers, so I don't see 350 inning guys, which looks dumb when using that season for your stats output.

Another suggestion I'll make is to consult this page and find the proper BABIP for the season you want your stats to be based on. The game inflates it by 2-4 points, and that can make a lot of difference even though it doesn't sound like much. Even if you're progressing through history, I would ensure that you have the proper BABIP on your Stats & AI page using that BB-Ref page.
So I was using 1993 as my stats output. I have to admit I didn't realize the inflated BABIP until I read one of your posts.

My homerun leaders were perfect, Kiner lead the league in year one with 39 and then Goose Goslin and Ryan Howard tied that mark in year 2.

I am using Low injuries and High fatigue which I like.

The AVG and runs are just too high, more than I was hoping for.
Attached Images
Image Image 

Last edited by Beirnej1; 11-18-2019 at 05:00 PM.
Beirnej1 is offline   Reply With Quote