View Single Post
Old 02-27-2019, 09:26 PM   #45
Caporegime
All Star Starter

Well, well, well. Guess who's looking all revitalized and ready to take on the world and six other galaxies to boot....Greg Bird.

He did this a couple of years ago, remember? He looked like Babe Ruth in ST only to hit like Ruth Buzzi when the season started. I'm tired of Bird giving us tantalizing glimpses of the monster slugger he could be if only his Jupiter would finally align with his Mars.

That said, the prospect of having him finally fulfill some of his vast potential and emerge as that big lefty bat the lineup needs is oh so tempting. And no, I'm not forgetting about Luke Voigt. So far this spring he appears to be gearing up to pick up right where he left off last year, which bodes well for both Voigt and the Yanks.

It's not as if Boone has any other viable options at first. A Bird/Voigt platoon at first has the potential to produce 30-40 hr & 100+ RBI. It also has the potential to be the lightest hitting Yankee 1B tag-team since a washed-up Bob Watson and a Never-Was Dave Revering combined to hit an anemic .206 w/ 10 hrs & a .294 OBP in the strike year of 1981.

I guess we'll see.