View Single Post
Old 06-07-2018, 10:27 AM   #6
diop
Bat Boy

SCHEDULE
@ PHO (3 Gms)
@ MIL (3 Gms)

Game 8 (4-3)
Martinez gets his first start in the majors, and does well but an unfortunate error by Gettingby in the 3rd with two out leads to the bases getting loaded and later a grand slam. 5 runs score, but only one earned in 5 innings. Hosino and Jordan Sanchez only allow one hit in the final 3 but it doesn't matter. Lehmberg homers his first of the season driving in 2, Phoenix wins 5-2

(GIF switching every 5 seconds)

DRAFT NEWS
The draft pool was revealed before Game 9, here's a look at the best batters and pitchers. Rico Ortiz is the lone 5 star for hitters, and a good crop of 5 starters at 5 star for the pitching side of things. Bryan McCurdy has some personality issues though, a low work ethic and intelligence. For catchers, the position I'm most interested in acquiring the talent pool seems pretty low. None of them are very good defensively until 21 year old 1.5 star prospect Casey Bowman.

Game 9 (4-4)
An error leads to 4 runs scored for the Ducks, flipping the script from last game. Hard hits his first homer of the season driving in two in the fifth to go up 6-0, and Loaiza (2) Miller (1) both get solo homers in the 9th just for a little insurance. Ducks win 10-3, Ferguson has a no hitter until the 6th, which I didn't even realise because he had let in two runs off of walks and a wild pitch in 5th. Quite a good game, though. 7IP-2H-2R-2ER-2BB-8K and Billy Hickman makes his first appearance to hold the final two innings down. Phoenix pitching has struck us out 24 times over the first two games.

Looks like maybe I can't play minor league games, which is fine.

Game 10 (5-4)
Four runs score off two errors, Ducks lose 6-2. Rey Hard started off nice with a triple in the first and a double in the 3rd driving in Salas in before getting himself in after a double Loaiza. Meador (0-1) earns his first decision.

Game 11 (5-5)
Ducks are last in the division at 5-5 heading to Milwaukee. Milwaukee finds them self struggling to start, 1-8 heading in to the series with a 6.41 ERA, .228 AVG, and nothing really going well for them. Let's hope we can capitalize. Well, we don't. Stafford goes 7 good innings allowing 1 run, but Hosino blows the save with a wild pitch letting a runner get in and go to overtime. The Rascals hit a solo homer in the bottom of the 11th, Loaiza gets a solo leadoff in the 2nd inning as well in a low scorer, 3-2 MIL

Game 12 (5-6)
Closer Lance Brooks, who has yet to impress in his small appearance there will get the start today. He's only a two pitch hurler, but we'll see how he does. He didn't inspire much confidence to me in the first half, but stamina wasn't an issue as he seemed to get better and better as the game went on. 8.2 IP (boo) with 2 earned. Everyone gets a hit, with Hard, DiGiulio, and Salas getting 2. Homeruns for Dirven, DiGiulio, Duggins, and Hard. 8-2 for Ducks, and it felt more lopsided than that.

INJURY NEWS
Joe Miller went out in overtime in the first game against the Rascals, which was worriesome because he looks like an amazing fielder, who is also hitting greatly above my expectations. A relieving email comes in today though, wait, I was going to check my team trainer's name to see who to say told me "it's only an elbow sprain and he's DtD for five days" but I have no staff at all in my majors? I don't know what to make of that, I looked at other teams and they don't have anyone either, and I can't offer my guys a contract again anymore. Well, whatever. Miller won't be out long!

Game 13 (6-6)
For a team with nothing going for them and an abhorrent ERA I sure didn't notice it. Loaiza sends two home on an RBI double to tie it in the 8th, but we lose on a walkoff double off 1B Jeff Irvin. 4-3 Milwaukee as they triple their wins total in this series. Skinner goes 7 innings with 7 K, Hosino (1-1) credited with the loss in 1.2 IP allowing 3 hits and is at a 6.55 ERA on the season.

LEAGUE NEWS
CF Melvin Contreras gets the SDL Player of the Week award, hitting .556 (10-18) with a homer and 5 RBIs.

Boston Seadogs' Matt Hansen wins it in the FBL, hitting .500 with a single homer as well, with 12 RBI.

Philly still has a big lead on the power rankings, 182.0 points and an 11-2 season record puts them way ahead early on. Portland drops a couple spots down to 15th (80.1) and Dallas works their way up to 22nd, giving the title to the Memphis Fighters for worst team (19.7, 2-10 record). They're last in the FBL for OBP, ERA, and defensive eff. Yikes.

MINOR LEAGUES
In the Minor Leagues our AAA affiliate the Screaming Eagles aren't off to a great start, 1-6, while the Barton Creek Robins (AA) and Wadesboro Whalers (A) are both 3-4.
diop is offline   Reply With Quote