View Single Post
Old 09-01-2015, 01:48 PM   #182
MitchUnworthy
Bat Boy

I've used these logos and unis in different leagues here and there since they came out, and I don't think I've ever said thanks in this thread, so I'll say it now.. I truly think this project (and others like it, the Nicknames, etc.) add to the value of the game in a tangible way.. as in, I don't think OOTP sells as many copies without the high level of customization you and the other modders provide. Thanks, cephas. I imagine you have a personal life as well, and this had to have taken oodles of time.

I'm gonna have a go at running this league from the beginning, from 1871 on.. I do have a question, though.. has anyone tried to run a league straight through using real players? I think it'd be interesting to see Mathewson pitching for the New York Nationals, Wagner playing for the Pioneers, Ruth & Gehrig tearing it up for the New York Bears.. has anyone found a way to make this work? Is it as simple as making sure the historical franchise IDs from a real league line up with the fictional franchises, or will it simply not work unless you have the correct names (Giants, Pirates, Yankees, etc..)?

Again, thanks cephas. Amazing work.
MitchUnworthy is offline   Reply With Quote