View Single Post
Old 02-20-2019, 05:55 PM   #5
lokasenna
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokasenna View Post
I've tried it with both New Custom Game and New Historical.

New Historical seems to lock you in to using 100% accuracy scouting? I don't want that.

My problem is that the GUI wizard is NOT clear. Sadly.
OK, so I just tried again. I created a new custom game from the main screen, and then in the options I selected the one for a historical league (the last available year for which is 2015, which is perfect)... but then when I get to the final page of the GUI wizard, the scouting accuracy is locked in at 100% accuracy. I can't change it.

However, when I go to advanced mode I found the checkbox for "use complete scouting system" which allows me to change that. OK, cool, maybe this is the right track... I'll proceed with this and see how it goes, I guess.

I just wish this hadn't taken me 5 or 6 attempts over the last few years to do (assuming this attempt works). I'm a pretty software savvy younger guy, but the fact that it takes a few minutes (sometimes as many as 5 to 10) to create a new game in addition to the time I spend changing the settings means that every time I've mustered up the willpower to do it, and it failed, I just went back to playing my other career game.
lokasenna is offline   Reply With Quote