View Single Post
Old 11-20-2017, 10:28 AM   #70
George_Bell
All Star Starter

1928-29 NHL Regular Season

By new years, it’s evident that scoring is gonna fall again. So far, we are season 3.71 goals per game. In the 80’s, that number would win awards for a goalie!! George Hainsworth has a GAA under 1.00 at the moment!! The Maroons are the leagues highest scoring team, averaging a whopping 2.65 goals per game!

Chicago’s Red Horner is out for the season.

Horner, the prized pickup by Chicago this offseason will miss the remainder of the season after suffering a tough injury. Horner has receiving first line minutes of the Chicago blue line, and responded with 9 points in 20 games and a 73 game rating. Pretty good for a 19 year old getting his first real action! This will really hurt the Hawks chances of coming out of the American division.

Horner

A bunch of low level guys are dealt at the trade deadline. Nothing worth mentioning.

Like last year, the Leafs find themselves out of the playoff picture needing to make up lots of ground in a short time. Like last year, they get it done….or did they. Toronto made up 6 points in the final 2 weeks of the season, to finish the year tied with Ottawa for 3rd place. Both teams finished with 55 points. Ottawa had 23 wins, two more then the Leafs. I assume that will be the tie breaker, and the champs will miss the playoffs for the 2nd year in a row.

I have to edit the league structure every July 1st to get rid of ot’s , ot points and whatnot. I forgot this year, so these standings are really weird. I have no idea why these rules reset every year. I have no idea how many points “ot” is worth, or what it is really. We’ll go with it this year, and hopefully I remember to make these changes in the future.

New York and Montreal, division winners will now receive a bye and play each other in the semi finals. The 2nd place teams and the 3rd place teams will play each other in round 1.

Howie Morenz and Nels Stewart are the only players to record more then a point per game. Scoring fell to 3.54 total goals per game.

Laurie Scott didn't enjoy alot of success his first year in Ottawa. 6 goals and 8 assists was all he could do. I have to imagine the Senators are disappointed in that performance.

George Hainsworth had a great year replacing the injured Tiny Thompson. A .953 save percentage says it all.

Last edited by George_Bell; 11-20-2017 at 10:30 AM.
George_Bell is offline   Reply With Quote