View Single Post
Old 10-23-2017, 10:48 AM   #9
George_Bell
All Star Starter

1918-19 NHL Regular Season

Reigning NHL MVP Frank Nighbor opens the regular season dealing with fractured ribs, which he suffered in the final preseason game. One week to the day of the injury, Nighbor dressed and played in the season opener, recording a goal and an assist for the Senators. Even with the effort, Ottawa lost to the defending champion Canadiens 6-4.

Frank Nighbor

Toronto’s Harry Cameron is viewed as hockey’s top defenceman. Last season, the Arena’s missed the playoffs by a single point. Some point to the fact Cameron missed the final 9 games of the season with a bruised wrist. (Yes, a bruised wrist kept Cameron out for more then a month, while fractured ribs suffered by Nighbor didn’t keep him out a single game!) Cameron is back now, healthy, and has started the season on fire. He’s tallied 9 points in the opening 4 games, and has a personal point streak of 12 games now!

Harry Cameron

Well, it worked, I finally see a trade in my news feed. The Arenas send two players for center Frank Fredrickson. Fredrickson played 15 games for Montreal last season, scoring 2 goals, and adding 3 assists. He’s just 23, and has 3 star potential. Seems like a nice addition for the Arenas. Jack Coughlin has suited up 24 times for Toronto over the past season and a half, recording 10 points. McNamara, at 32, looks to be a fill in.

The worldwide outbreak of the Spanish Flu is affecting the NHL. As we approach the end of the season, players like Harry Cameron. In total, 7 players have been affected so far. I’m not sure if players can die from the disease, but it is potentially deadly!

A less then competitive regular season has ended. Montreal ran away with 1st place, only losing just 3 times. Well, 5 if you count OT losses, which is enough to make me quit this if I can’t adjust the rules pretty soon. Here are the standings.

Cy Denneny wins the goals and points race, leading a team that didn’t even come close to the playoffs. Scoring was down on the year. Teams played 6 games less this year, but still, Denneny’s 28 points is far off the 54 points which lead the league last year.

George_Bell is offline   Reply With Quote