Week 3

Current Week: 4-2 (11-5 - GB, 1st (+2)
Next Week: 2 vs New Castle Colonials, 4 @ Richmond Cardinals
Power Ranking: 2 (+1)
Fan Interest: 62
Owners Mood: Delighted

Game 9
Norfolk 3, Newark 4
Don Sweetapple (ND) Was on his game before leaving in the 4th with an injury, hopefully nothing serious, Don went 4.2 shutout innings, allowing 3 hits. Ivan Pineda (0-1) came in for Don and got roughed up, giving up 4 hits and 4 runs in 2/3 of an inning. The offense had 12 hits and left 10 runners on. Lead by Kent Davis who went 4-5 day and Jesus Rivera and Jose Rodriquez who each had 2 hits, the offense feel short.

Injury News: No major injury for Don Sweetapple. He was pulled for precautionary measures and will be ready to make his next start.

Game 10
Norfolk 4, Newark 2
Carlos Mateo (2-0) went 7 strong innings, giving up 2 runs (0 ER) on 5 hits while striking out 8. Dalton Whitaker pitched a perfect 9th for the save (4). The offense was led by Julio Romero who had 2 hits and Kent Davis who drove in 2.

Game 11
Norfolk 6, Ellicott City 7
Tsueno Sato (ND) scattered 10 hits over 6.1 innings allowing 3 runs and striking out 7. But the bullpen couldn't get the job done as Ron Harris gave up 3 runs in 1/3 of an inning. Dalton Whitaker (0-1) took the loss giving up 1 run in 2/3's of an inning, as Ellicott City walked off with victory. Jose Rodriquez lead the offense with 4 hits, Roberto Perez added 3 hits, including 2 HR's (3) and Pablo Freitas had 2 hits.

Game 12
Norfolk 12, Ellicott City 5
Karl Armstrong (2-1) benefited from a powerful offensive performance, as he went 8.1 innings, allowing 8 hits and 5 runs. The offense banged out 15 hits, including 3 each by Kent DAvis, Pablo Freitas and Jose Escamilla. Jose Rodriquez added 2 hits and 4 RBI, both its were HR's (4). Roberto Perez added a HR (4) and Ron Alder hit his first HR of the season.

Game 13
Norfolk 16, Ellicott City 1
Sun Ho (2-0) had a solid 7.1 inning performance, giving up just 1 run on 6 hits. Ron Alder, Roberto Perez and Kent Davis each had 3 hits. Alder added a HR (2) and 5 runs scored. Kent Davis added 4 RBI and Roberto Perez had 3 runs scored. Julio Romero hit a 3-run HR (1). Jose Rodriquez was removed from the game after pulling up lame after a first inning single.

Game 14
Norfolk 8, Ellicott City 0
Don Sweetapple (2-1) showed no ill effects of leaving his last start early, as he pitched a complete game shutout 9 innings, 7 hits, 6 strikeouts. The offense was lead by Kent Davis and Roberto Perez who each had 3 hits. Davis went 3-3 with 3 RBI, Perez 3-5 with 2 runs. Ron Alder continued to score runs crossing the plate 2 times.

Injury News: Jose Rodriquez will miss a week with "back soreness"

Players of the Week:
Delaware: Stan Miller (Georgetown Sixteens) 11-24, 4 HR's, 11 RBI
MarVa: Jose Rodriquez (Norfolk Cavaliers) 10-15 2 HR's, 6 RBI

Power Rankings:
1) Annapolis Admirals (159.3)
2) Norfolk Cavaliers (130.8)
3) New Castle Colonials (129.8)
4) Lewes Braves (117.5)
5) Chesapeake Blue Crabs (113.5)

Notable Feats:
none

Notable Injuries:
none

GM Thoughts/Notes: Offense is off to a hot start, starting pitching has been hot, defense had a rough week and the bullpen is just struggling, but I have faith they will come around... With Jose out for a few days Pat Shelton will get some playing time... Sweetapple is looking for a 6 year/16 million a year extension. Is he worth hit? Maybe at 31, I am hesitant to give him 6 years. Plus we don't have the money right now, so do I move players to make room for him? Or do I trade him? Questions to ask by July... Last season we had a hot start, and then faded in August and September, so I am not going to get my hopes to high just yet.

Check out my OOTP dynasty, the DelMarVa Baseball League:
DelMarVa Baseball League.

and the spin off:
DelMarVa Baseball League - 2037 WBC Tournament - Won by Team USA - New England.

DelMarVa Baseball League - 2039 WBC Tournament - Won by Team USA - New England..
illeracula is offline   Reply With Quote