Week 2

Current Week: 7-3 (4-2 - GB, 1st (+1)
Next Week: 2 @ Newark Millers, 4 @ Ellicott City Express
Power Ranking: 3 (-)
Fan Interest: 62
Owners Mood: Delighted

Game 5
Norfolk 7, Richmond 0
Sun Ho (1-0) pitched the 2nd shutout in a row for Cavalier pitching, going all 9, giving up 4 hits and striking out 8. Roberto Perez lead the offense with 3 hits and 2 runs, and Jose Rodriquez and Kent Davis each added 2 hits. Rodriquez had 2 RBI's.

Game 6
Norfolk 2, Richmond 3
Don Sweetapple (1-1) pitched a great game, but couldn't get the runs he needed. Sweetapple pitched 8 innings, giving up 5 hits and 3 runs (2 ER). Kent Davis paced the offense with a 3-4 day, including a double, RBI and run scored. Pablo Freitas added 2 hits and an RBI.

Game 7
Washington 3, Norfolk 6
Carlos Mateo (ND) pitched 7 solid innings, but left the game tied, giving up 3 runs on 3 hits and 3 walks. Ron Harris (1-0) was the benefactor for a 3-run 8th to get the win and Dalton Whitaker pitched the 9th for the save (2). Jose Rodriquez had 3 hits to lead the offense, Mauro Candelaria went 2-2 with 2 runs and 2 RBI, and Pablo Fretias added 2 hits, 2 runs and a solo-HR (2).

Game 8
Washington 3, Norfolk 6
Tsuneo Sato (1-0) went 7 solid innings, giving up 3 runs on 9 hits. Dalton Whitaker pitched a perfect 9th for the save (3). Pablo Fretias lead the offense with 3-hits, and Mauro Candelaria, Jesus Rivera and Julio Romero each added 2. Candelaria drove in 2, with a 6th inning HR (1).

Game 7
Washington 6, Norfolk 5
Karl Armstrong (1-1) was having a rough start and more control issues, before he beaned Antonio Burgos, the batter he hit, which lead to his ejection. Armstrong's went 5.1 innings, giving up 7 hits and 5 runs. He also gave up 3 longballs. Adrian Otero came into relieve him before leaving to injury and Essie Bookleman pitched 2 shutout innings to end the game. The offense was lead by Roberto Perez and his 3 hits, Kent Davis Davis and Mauro Candelaria each added 2 hits. Candelaria lead the team with 2 RBI's and Jose Rodriquez hit a solo-HR (2).

Suspensions: Karl Armstrong has been suspended 3 games for his part in the altercation during the game against Washington.

Injury News: The verdict came out and it was bad news for Adrian Otero. Otero was brought in to solidify the pen, but he will now be out 5-6 months with shoulder inflammation. This was after his first appearance of the season... Elmer Hawkins will be reactivated to take his slot on the roster. Elmer was down in AA New Orleans on a rehab assignment.

Game 8
Washington 2, Norfolk 3 (12 innings)
Sun Ho (ND) followed up his shut-out performance with another solid start, going 6 innings, allowing 1 run on 6 hits. Five members of the bullpen pitched solid ball, giving up only 1 run, to keep the Cavaliers in in, and Joe Davis (1-0) too home the win. The offense had 12 hits, with Roberto Perez, Mauro Candelaria, Jesus Rivera and Jacob Chaney each getting 2. Roberto Perez hit a solo-HR (1), his first of the season.

Players of the Week:
Delaware: Peter Peters (New Castle Colonials) 13-25, 5 HRs, 13 RBI
MarVa: Francisco Vargas (Chesapeake Blue Crabs) 9-18, 2 HRs, 8 RBI, 4 Runs

Power Rankings:
1) Lewes Braves (133.0)
2) Annapolis Admirals (131.0)
3) Norfolk Cavaliers (131.0)
4) New Castle Colonials (131.0)
5) Richmond Cardinals (111.0)

Major Feats:
Bruce Robertons (Georgetown Sixteens) 20 game hitting streak comes to an end.
Miguel Ruiz (New Castle Colonaisl) 5 hits

Major Injuries:
Dave Moore (Milford Clippers) oblique strain, out 5 weeks.
Luis Gonzalez (Ellicott City Express) damaged elbow ligament, out 14 months
Joe Henderson (Milford Clippers) bone chips in elbow, out 4 months
Cristo Canseco (Chesapeake Blue Crabs) fractured hand, out 6 weeks

GM Thoughts/Notes: The team is playing well, the starters are off to a good start, but the bullpen has just been mediocre. I can't be too concerned yet with them, since they don't have many innings under their belts. Losing Otero will hurt, it means putting more faith in to Joe Davis. Davis was about to be sent down before the Otero injury... The offense is hitting the ball, on one player his shining, Candelaria does lead the squad with 10 RBI's, but that is the only stat that jumps out at me compared to the others... It looks like we might have a top 5 offense. If we do watch out we might be hard to stop... I do have some concerns as the GM. I have no money to offer extensions and Don Sweetapple has a player option coming up at the end of this season for 9 million. Based on where salaries have been he could get 12-15 per. I won't sign him for that, but could low-ball him if Mr Parker would let me. For the mean time I will have to figure out what to do, ride it out and hope he says yes to the option, trade him or trade others in hopes to resign him. Lots of decisions to be made in the upcoming months...

Check out my OOTP dynasty, the DelMarVa Baseball League:
DelMarVa Baseball League.

and the spin off:
DelMarVa Baseball League - 2037 WBC Tournament - Won by Team USA - New England.

DelMarVa Baseball League - 2039 WBC Tournament - Won by Team USA - New England..
illeracula is offline   Reply With Quote