View Single Post
Old 08-18-2013, 03:03 PM   #3
G-Nuke
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pens66 View Post
I made the same observations. The points distribution doesn't seem right, to such a degree that it is actually impossible to mimic real life situations with the game.
Puckmoving, offensive minded defensemen get far too few points. It's impossible to recreate Bobby Orr in the game. I understand that Orr is an extreme example, but there have been (and are) other offensive blueliners who piled up points big time in various leagues. Currently the game can't handle defenders who should produce close to the numbers of some of the most productive forwards in any league. (i. e Karlsson in modern NHL, Housley, Coffey, Leetch in the past, Mario Scalzo as a teammate of Sidney Crosby in the QMJHL or Sascha Goc in the DEL, who finished top-5 in goal-scoring twice in his career).
Then there are the playmakers who can't get enough points. The most obvious example is Wayne Gretzky. Under current conditions he will rarely if ever score 100+ assists in one season or seperate himself from the pack like he did in real life. 200 points are out of the question. The game simply can't handle him it seems.
I've been thinking of running a test with Gretzky... the rating system allows you to boost passing to a rating of 40 (out of 20!)... I wonder if that's what you need to get near 163 assists out him... maybe it's just a ratings issue?