Thread: 1994 Phillies
View Single Post
Old 07-04-2019, 10:46 PM   #4
Ajt1978
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Trades Part 2

Well after a quiet 4 weeks the Red Sox GM comes knocking on my door with an offer that you wouldn't see every day.

Feb 10th

The Boston Redsox offer me RHP Roger Clemens in Exchange for CF Lenny Dykstra and Minor League RHP Cristian Morales. Hmmm a chance to get a Pitcher of Clemens caliper and Resume is not something that will happen everyday. Giving up a player like Lenny Dykstra is not easy. When he is healthy he is one of the best if not the best lead off hitter in the game. I ask myself am I going to get the 1993 version or even the 1990 version when he hit 325 or the 1991 or 1992 version when he was hurt? I also look at clemens as he is coming off an off year, he is in the last year of his contract and he is only 31. Best case scenario he pitches his behind off for a new contract, worse case scenario he walks and I get a 1st round pick for who ever signs him.

I tell the red sox I need CF Otis Nixon in the deal and a low level Minor league pitcher(RHP Dave Doster Rookie league) in the deal they agree.

Otis Nixon is a Luis Polonia type of player. He is 35. On the last year of his contract. He still has decent speed, will hit 270 to 280, a decent contact hitter who will get his share of walks however he has little power. In no way shape or form is he Lenny Dykstra's equal but I'm not counting on Lenny hitting 19 home runs again or hit over 300 again either.

Feb 13th

Since I now have Roger Clemens on my Pitching staff I need to let a starter go. I trade Fernando Valenzuela to the White Sox for Minor Leaguer 1B Juan Sanchez. He will start off the season in AAA.
Ajt1978 is offline   Reply With Quote