Thread: NA became NL
View Single Post
Old 04-29-2017, 07:09 PM   #6
BaseballMan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by linguas.amo View Post
I wanted to do something similar to this, however I wanted to start in 1876. I know how to edit the teams (logos, uniforms etc.), but the leagues are rather difficult. As you guys know, 1876 marked the inception of the National League. I wanted only one league in order to re-create the history. I had no idea how to do it. I went into League Settings but couldn't delete the AL and move those four teams to the NL.
You don't need to delete the AL just move the teams to the NL and import or create a schedule. Now this isnt as much a problem if you just want real teams and don't care about the teams having the correct players. though ou would need to turn off automatic expansion as the game would change the teams. Also turn off all star game as you have only 1 league and either disable or use custom playoffs.
If you want correct teams i think its a little more difficult. Where in the past you could modify the csv files in the database to get players to go to their actual real teams instead of having to use these fictional teams, ootp has dropped the ball on this and force us to use their 19th century expansion. Only way around it is to draft every player or use ootp17 till 1900.
BaseballMan is offline   Reply With Quote