View Single Post
Old 07-19-2019, 01:31 PM   #4
ohiodevil
OOTP Roster Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by screamincheetah View Post
Yes...the round log shows the players drafted as usual. It's that the drafted information isn't showing up anywhere else.

Here's what I think is happening. Overall, I'm wrong and confused (what's new)... You're exactly right...the first five rounds the players aren't auto-signed so they don't have team assignments, therefore OOTP can't put a minor-league team logo on their pop-up face spot or list their actual minor-league assignment. From rounds six on, my system of tracking the picks work because they're auto-assigned so you get that info.

Here's my question/problem... why can't the system still show "drafted Round 1, Houston Astros" on the player profile page... then show the Astro logo on their pop-up info page???

I understand the player isn't signed so the system can't say "Team: The Flatrock Tape Worms (R)".... BUT... the player HAS been drafted and for the sake of the draft event logistics, that player IS assigned to the drafting team. I couldn't care less if they're signed now, or ever, or what actual minor league team they end up on. For the draft I just want to know that this player has been drafted...move on to the next guy. I shouldn't have to pop back and forth from the full round log and then back to my short lists one at a time to see who's still in the pool and who isn't.

Hopefully this makes sense. This seems like an odd little hole in the system that could easily be rectified. Show "Drafted by x" on the player profile and put the MLB team logo on their profile pic for every round. Heck, just do that for all rounds if it's an easier programming deal. Then after the draft...or after the signing cut-off, the system can assign the teams' players.
When you click on the History tab on the player card, it should show they were drafted. Remember if they do not sign, then they return to the draft but the History log should say that they went unsigned and returned to school or went to college.
ohiodevil is offline   Reply With Quote