View Single Post
Old 03-05-2018, 09:25 AM   #1
JeffR
FHM Producer

Trading Deadline Save (with real standings)

As an additional bonus to the final update, we're posting a 2017-18 NHL save file that starts immediately after the trade deadline. (A simulation based on this save appeared on the French-language version of NHL.com on the weekend, https://www.nhl.com/fr/news/lnhcom-s...es/c-296575316)

You can download it at http://misc.ootpdevelopments.com/hoc...m_final.lg.rar

Unzip that into your save folder. If you want to take over a team, the game's in commissioner mode so you can choose whichever one you want.

A few important caveats, though:

-the game was created with an updated database and then simmed up to February 25 with trades turned off, then we overwrote the game's standings with the actual real-life ones. Importing player stats would've been a lot more difficult to do (and had some potential to cause game errors), so the ones you see in the save are just the sim results, not the real-life stats. If you want real stat totals, you'll have to add the in-game stats from Feb. 26 onwards to the real numbers as of the 25th.
-the NHL rosters are as accurate as we can get them as of the trading deadline; I edited back any players currently on rosters that the AI moved around while getting to that date. I also removed all the game-created injuries and edited in the actual injuries as of Monday (or at least as much as we know - the "upper body"/"lower body" stuff I just listed as shoulder/knee soreness unless I knew otherwise, and the lengths are obviously a guess. I left out a few that appeared to be extremely minor at the time.) A few people who were injured in the game begin the save on the disabled list with 0 time left, they'll immediately return to the roster once the game is continued.
-some types of player statuses and goalie hotness aren't easily editable, so those start with whatever they were at, so e.g. some goalies are hot/cold and some players are unhappy when they're fine in real life.
-a few details like the new numbers of some traded players weren't known when I edited the file last Tuesday
-it's probably not a great idea to try to play multiyear games with this - or really do much more than simulate/play the rest of the NHL season, given the amount of hacking and trickery we used to make this work. Weird things could happen in later seasons and we haven't tested it for that. It's just a fun way to simulate the remainder of 2017-18 to see if Tampa's really the overwhelming favourite now, whether Vegas keeps winning, and so on.

Have fun, and if anyone can get Vancouver into the playoffs, I'd love to see it.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote