View Single Post
Old 09-04-2019, 09:56 AM   #30
Clovidequano Dovatha
Hall Of Famer

Location: Somewhere in the United States of America on God's Earth
Three out of four leagues have now crowned their champions. Only the MLB still needs to finish their regular season and championship series as of August 16, 1880, in-game.

But there will be a lot of new GMs and/or managers, for instance, in several places, because several teams have canned their previous ones. Folliston, for example, fired their pitching and hitting coaches on June 28, then their bench coach two days later, before firing their scouting director on July 7. Only their current assistant GM and team trainer escaped the purge of fireable team personnel.

As far as other teams in the SBC, other than what made the news reports, I do not know what personnel changes they made in terms of non-player personnel, at the moment. But several major personnel changes were still made in the SBC, or will be, no doubt.

Olsonton and Rocíoton will both be looking for new GMs and managers, it seems. Even though some teams did rather well in their respective leagues, in terms of win-loss record, such as Amjasi, for example, they still fired some of their personnel. Amjasi went 62-48, and finished four games back of Benclimil in their part of the SBC, but they still fired their manager. So did Shmala, with the same record. In fact, of all six teams in the National Union Association, only Benclimil didn't fire either their manager or GM, if not both occupiers of those positions for them, strangely enough, for some reason.

Several teams in the SCL fired people, even though their teams likely did well. I can understand teams with losing records firing personnel often a lot better than I can understand teams with winning records firing them, of course, but I still don't get why the latter teams might want to fire people they only just hired the previous year or so, folks. Any ideas why the latter teams might do so at times, by any chance at all?

I will reveal the list of champions after the World Series occurs in-game for the 1880 MLB season. I fully expect that more teams will fire personnel by then, if they haven't already, of course. Don't know which teams will, just yet, but several still might, I'm reasonably certain here, by the end of the calendar year.

MLB still has two months of the regular season to get through before the World Series ultimately starts. Currently the St. Louis Brown Stockings lead the Cleveland Blues by four games in the AL, and the New York Mutuals lead the Cincinnati Reds by 2.5 games in the NL.

Providence, one of the teams run by a human manager in my game, meaning me, of course, is sitting 18 games back of New York in the NL. I do not think they will end up close to .500 by the end of the season, unfortunately. We will probably be very fortunate if they get close to .400 for the season, with 35 games left for us to play. I am not expecting us to finish with more than about 40 wins, more or less. We haven't finished over .500 since 1877. Chances are probably very good that we will have the first overall pick in the upcoming 1880 amateur draft, as well as getting a negative performance review from that team's owner once the off-season begins for the Providence Grays.

But what will be will be, like it or not. Hopefully, though, we will get better in the very near future for the Providence Grays, for example. The franchise is still quite young, compared to a number of the other teams in MLB at this point in time. So we're still trying to build up the franchise in question here, of course. A few teams have a couple of years of experience and all on us here, so that can't exactly be helped, you know.

That's enough to talk about here, I think, for this post. Until the next post, then, I'll close this here. CD out.

Proverbs 16:7 KJV
Romans 12:18 KJV
Philippians 2:1-11 KJV

DeviantArt:

https://www.deviantart.com/clovidequano-dovatha

GBA:

https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com/...d.php?t=316515

EC's IPA:

https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com/...d.php?t=158631

Updates to my various threads may be delayed or sporadic, and requests may still be some time away, while I continue working on LUtD. CD out.
Clovidequano Dovatha is online now   Reply With Quote