View Single Post
Old 06-03-2016, 12:12 AM   #1
Big Train
Major Leagues

Random teams from history playing each other in one year leagues

This is similar to what some other people have done particularly the long (and very interesting) thread of the best teams in history going at it in 162 game seasons. but I thought it would be interesting to have random teams in the leagues rather than only the best teams.

Rules I am considering:

-Totals set to 1983 settings. (Around the time I became a baseball fan and seems pretty "neutral" and well balanced). I will let teams keep their home park though so good deadball era teams or steroid era teams may still get a bit of a home field advantage but what can you do?

-16 teams per league (one team per franchise in each league.- including franchises that moved such as no Browns and Orioles teams in same league.

-Talent change randomness set to 65 (I want players to perform basically as they did in reality).

- 4 man rotations as default AI choice but with pitching endurance set to normal (trying to not unduly penalize teams who did not have a good 5th starter to plug in but still making a role for relievers)

-Injuries set to normal to start with. I may turn this down though if it causes trouble for some teams.

-DH on in both leagues (allowing more players to play mainly)

The Top Teams in the two leagues will play each other in a "World Series" at the conclusion of the 162 game season.

I'll pick the teams for each league by looking at random pages on baseball reference until I get enough. For a truly random mix.

This will be an occasionally updated series. I'm still going to be spending most of my time on my Expos series. I'll make a note of the winners of each league and may sometime do a league of champions although it will take so long to get through all the teams that this is unlikely and there is another very good thread devoted to that anyway.
Big Train is offline   Reply With Quote