Gerhard Zech's 15th fight.... 1961-09-10, Cologne, Germany

Ulli Ritter-4 Overall Rating
Nationality- German
b. 1933-08-26
d.
Career, 1957-1965
BoxRec. 024810
Record 26 wins / 19 losses / 9 draws / 7 KO

Yep, a 4! I kept simming and resimming and ended up with a 4 overall with the ratings below. I split the sims into 2 groups. 1 group of 22 fights against 1 rated fighters which I felt was best typical of the guys Ritter fought in those first fights. Then a 2nd group of 32 fights against guys rated 2-4 which I think is where the majority of those opponents would fall into that he fought in those later fights. After about 1300 bouts I was pretty satisfield with the overall results, Ritter doing most the winning against those 1's and sub .500 against the rest. The number of times he was stopped and the number of times he KO/TKO'd some one are a bit off, but close. His KO's/TKO's are pretty close but the numbers of time he's stopped are maybe on average for 54 bouts about 7 times where in real life he was stopped only 5 times. But, I'll live with that.

Ritter's career started out 19-0-1,4KO's agaisnt the lowest echelon of the European HW's defeating the likes of Robert Eugene a couple times, Bobby Warmbrunn and Alain Cherville. He beat an aged Joey Maxim adn fought a 10 round draw with Franco Cavicchi. Down hill after that though as he posted a 7-19-8,3KO's after that. He did manage another 10 round draw with Cherville and TKO'd Wim Snoek, but his losses included to Franco Cavicchi, Jimmy Slade, Pete Rademacher(remember him?), Tom McNeeley, Joe Erskine, Albert Westphal twice, Gerhard Zech twice, Ulli Nitzschke, Franco DePiccoli, Johnny Prescott twice, Wim Snoek and Kark Mildenberger. Ritter was rarely stopped in a fight, only 5 times in his 54 fight career. Three of those stoppages came in his last 3 fights, TKO's to German LHW Klaus Peter Gumpert and American Buddy Turman (45-15-2,32KO's) and a KO to Wilhelm von HOmberg another German HW of the 60's with an intersting record. Turman had some interesting opponents by way that make him I think a good HW to rate.

Control vs Boxer--7
Control vs Slugger--7
Hitting power--1
Chin vs knockdown--3
Chin vs knockout--2
Recovery--2
Cuts--2
Absorb punishment--2
Killer instinct--3
Aggressiveness--6
Endurance--9
Defense--0
Fast starter--3
Fight on ropes--3

Draw power--4
Conditioning--2
Intellect--4
Proficiency--10

Fight inside--3
Outside--1
Cover up--2
Go for KO--0
Clinching--69

Style--Boxer
Fouls--Occasionally

Punches 2-pt. 3-pt.
Jabs 17.00 2.00
Hooks 19.50 2.00
Crosses 16.50 1.00
Combinations 19.50 2.25
Uppercuts 19.25 1.00

Punching--36
Counterpunching--36
Missed--63

This was a scheduled 10 round fight. I really expected Ritter to give Zech a very tough time in this fight considering how his ratings worked out and the bit of struggling Zech's had in some of his fights. In the real thing back in 1961, Ritter did give Zech a tough fight, going the full 10 before Zech was given the decision.
In my replay here, Ritter started out strong winning a slight edge in the first 2 rounds. Zech came back to round 3 a bit adn then in round 4 Zech went to work and fast. He put Ritter to the canvas not once, not twice, but 3 times in the 4th round! Zech wins by TKO at the 2:28 mark of the 4th round and Gerhard is now 15-0-0 with 9 KO's.

Next up will be Ernie Cab in Berlin on 9/29/1961 adn then on 11/03/1961 Zech meets Joe Bygraves in Hamburg. A couple of HW's rated in the game, so we'll see how they do in the next day or so.

See ya soon....
Rocco Del Sesto is offline   Reply With Quote