View Single Post
Old 05-14-2019, 09:17 AM   #4
Gerry58
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCourtney View Post
The problem with FHM5 is that there isn't enough data available to make coaching and tactics have any weight beyond just the initial setup.
The tactics you can set in the game are good against certain other tactics and have counters, etc. However, with no 2D match engine and with no kind of analytical feedback during the game, then you don't even know what the other team is using against you. There is just a massive disconnect for knowing what is going on during the game and even afterward. We don't technically need a 2D match engine, but we need at least some kind of feedback of an observable nature. Let us get feedback that a coach could determine throughout a game.

Let us see what offensive and defensive formations and tactics they are running during the game and let us make tactical changes. In Football Manager they provide this kind of feedback from your assistant coach, who suggests changes based on the current tactics on the other team. This kind of thing could be done until a proper 2D engine could be developed. As it stands the tactics are only good for picking the optimal choices for the strengths and weaknesses of your roster.

Also, there needs to be way more analytical feedback after the game beyond just a sheet lists just what the overall rating for each player was. I want to see analytical feedback that says like player X had multiple neutral zone turnovers, etc.

The UI needs to show the various lines and how they performed. I want to see at a glace all the lines and their performances. The UI doesn't do this currently and it makes doing line up adjustment difficult. There should be an after game UI element showing all the lines and their performances. The game could do a lot in the way of providing useful analytical feedback and data to help you make choices. If one of my players is listed as cold and I make some lineup adjustments and he is suddenly performing better, then the game should let me know that with feedback and or better UI.

Hopefully, FHM can continue to evolve and get better.

Actually it got worse, i agree with your points and last year coaching/tactics system was far superior in my opinion
Gerry58 is offline   Reply With Quote