View Single Post
Old 12-01-2017, 12:45 PM   #5
hdoom
Bat Boy

Quote:
by save, do you mean back-up? (saving and backing up are different.)
i've had 1 problem with a back-up re-importing in the 6 years i've been playing.
But, if the back-ups are not being saved correctly, that's a big problem.
i not only use the game's built in back-up, but also make a zip copy of the back-up and place it on an external hard drive, just in case .
The backup works fine- but I only back up once a month (in game). This means that in my most recent save I lost around 10 hours of gameplay. Should I back up more? Yes. But I think the saving problem needs to be changed for me to continue playing.

Quote:
I’m sorry you’re having a frustrating time. Hopefully, it’s just bad luck as I haven’t had the problem in the 15 years I’ve played the game. Please don’t give up on the product. A couple things that might help you:

Have you opened a support ticket on this? Have you sent the save files in for Ootp to have a look and attempt to reproduce your issue? Maybe they can find where the corruption issue is happening and fix the bug and/or your file.
Didn't realize there was a ticket system. This is for OOTP17 so I doubt the bug would get fixed but I'd love to get my file back.

Quote:
There must be something funky with the file. Do you manage the size by eliminating files each season. I have 2-3 active league files that are 8-10 years old in real time and, touch wood, have never been corrupted. They have been converted to the new version each time upon release.
The EXACT same issue happened with two separate saves of mine
hdoom is offline   Reply With Quote