View Single Post
Old 03-01-2016, 06:04 PM   #2
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pvtitan21 View Post
Created a historical 1969 season in which I kept all the regular teams but dumped all the players back into the draft.
My question for you more experienced players, its seems weird to draft players that have good ratings, when you know in real life never turn out to be that great.
My point is, how do you draft against the AI when you already know how good (or not so good) these players are going to turn out to be.
I finished my first season and ended in last place in the NL West as the Padres, but a lot of that was because I drafted guys who I know in three years are going to be studs (Ted Simmons, Carlton Fisk, Steve Garvey).
Guess I'm not sure how to get past this crystal-ball affect.
I recommend checking the "Use pre-defined draft value for AI" box on the Game Settings > League Settings > Rules > Amateur Draft Settings page, at least for the amateur drafts. For the inaugural draft, this setting isn't as useful because it will cause some guys who are older, who had great careers, to be drafted earlier in the draft, and their best years may already be behind them.

Wow. Ted "Simba" Simmons and Carlton "Pudge" Fisk? Who you gonna choose when it comes time to, the HoFer or the switch hitting shoulda been HoFer?
actionjackson is offline   Reply With Quote