View Single Post
Old 04-28-2013, 10:47 PM   #4
Bowtie
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldrick88 View Post
So I went to load my saved game and it tells me Its corrupt or a saved game from another version. This is why we need rolling saves!!! This happened last year too. I'm trying a conversion to see if that fixes it but it takes forever!

I love ootp but this has to be fixed. Going back a month to another save if tolerable but loosing your whole game isn't!!

The conversion didn't work and crashed. Guess you have to physically copy the game file into another directory once a game month to make sure it doesn't screw up. Guess I'll leave ootp alone for a while since I'm a bit choked.
Hi,

Sorry to hear about your troubles! Before you give up, please try this:

1. Go to My Documents>Out of the Park Developments>OOTP Baseball 14>saved_games and create a new folder named something like test.lg
2. While still in the saved_games folder, look inside of your [league_name].lg folder and you will see a folder named auto-save. Click on that folder and copy all of the .dat files
3. Go back to the folder named test.lg and paste the .dat files into that folder
4. Start OOTP 14 and load the game named test

If that new game named test loads properly, you can use those .dat files to continue your game:

1. Exit OOTP 14
2. Go back to your new game named test.lg and copy all 16 .dat files
3. Go back to your [league_name].lg that's borked and paste those .dat files over top the main league files

By the way, if you didn't modify the auto-save settings, then the backup will be from the beginning of the current game year which may not be so helpful. You can change the auto-save settings by going to the "game" menu and choosing "setup & options". On the right side, you'll see the auto-save settings. I always set mine to once per week and I recommend this setting to all customer I assist. Saving for a large league on a weekly basis may take a little time but at least its less annoying than losing months or perhaps years of game play.

Another way to backup your league files is to zip those 16 .dat files from your saved_games/your [league_name].lg folder using zip compression software such as 7zip, WinZip or WinRar. I do recommend this for anyone that's running a large league or a long running league.

Please let me know how things go.

Cheers,
Bowtie

Last edited by Bowtie; 04-28-2013 at 10:48 PM.
Bowtie is offline   Reply With Quote