View Single Post
Old 05-13-2019, 11:37 AM   #8
Goliathus
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesguy View Post
thnx for the replies, the ability to continue to use what I spent money on based on a promise from the dev team might not be important to you, but I took it as a promise.

Now it's possibly a broken promise and besides buying the game with real money and upgrading the team with more real money it will all become useless.

Oh, it probably is a broken promise. Not like I am trying to destroy your trust in the dev - whatever that's left - but you would be better to think the promise is broken until it turned out to be not.

I think we are at least one decade into F2P gaming, in which all investment could go ka-boom when no one play the game anymore...and that always happen or will eventually happen to every game out there.

Quote:
I own the game , I paid for additional content based on the fact that I would be able to continue to use the game and content privately and in private online leauge play.

Multiplayer server for older versions of a game eventually goes offline. We live in a world where yearly sport game is the norm(until you can convince majority of the sport gamers to not buy it yearly, it won't change), so expect the servers of this genre to be short.

Quote:
To not be able to do that is unacceptable to me.
I'm surprised by the lack of any support by people who can only make unhelpful comments about this.
Go ahead and keep your head in the sand, you probably don't understand what I'm asking for.
I'm still entitled to my opinion.

Comments are welcome!!!!!!!!!!!!!

With all due respect, I think people are as welcoming to your comments as you are to theirs. It's just that you are on the other side so you think those comments as unhelpful(which you have all the freedom of the world to think that), but I don't think they are trying to put you down.

Quote:
I don't see what pleasure your collection of pricey stars will bring.
Can you hold them? Can you use them for anything after the servers close? Can you resell them to another collector?
No, no, no!

bluesguy

People like you, who dislike virtual goods that they have to use money to buy and etc., exists. They just chose to not get involved in it so you don't see people who think like that in these games. You make a choice to buy them, it could be out of naivety or you truly believe in the promise or whatever, but well, live and learn I guess.

From a business perspective, it makes no sense to do cross-version import because it would just mess with the revenue stream. It's the same reason why sport games are yearly or why those book manufacturers like to put some minor editing in and then make the new book a new version(not sure if that's a thing in the west, but I have suffered through this since primary school at my place) -- they want you to buy them again. Your cross-version import idea directly puts a Trump's Wall on the revenue stream and no company would do that.

Even if you believe that this dev is not some corporate, money-hunger a-holes, it's still no point in developing a system that is only wanted by minor portion of the customer base. It's product dev 101 to improve the product in the areas that would make the highest amount of customers happy. Again, unless you can convince many people to not buy their yearly product or not dump money to the new PT every year, you are unlikely to see your idea fulfilled.
Goliathus is offline   Reply With Quote