View Single Post
Old 10-02-2015, 09:42 AM   #11
mking55
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastian Palkowski View Post
You are right, you are a paying customer. Please take my apology.

The path you posted looks right, so it has to be something else. I just tested it on my Mac Book, put a pic of Patrick Kane into the quickstart, generated a new game and had the pic show up on his page.

So please confirm the following:

1. After you copied the pics into the quickstarts, you did start a NEW game (not loaded a save)?

2. FaceGen is really disabled? It is suspicious to me that you see cartoonish pics. IF FaceGen is disabled and it finds no rightly named pic, it will show a black silhouette instead, which does not cartoonish.

3. Your player pics are rightly named?
No apology necessary but thank you.

Yes, I started a new game. I just did it again and got the cartoon pictures. My players are correctly named because if I copy the quick start photos to the saved_games folder then the real faces show up.

You can't disable facegen until after the game has started (I believe). I disabled it after quitting and going back in, and the cartoon guys are still there for the guys I looked at, but everyone else was blank.

I did start a game from the "new game" setup. The real player photos showed up. (This is just to make us crazier but they really did).

I then deleted the graphics folder from the historical quick start and copied the Majors quick start graphics folder to the historical folder. I then created a new historical game and I had the same problem, the cartoon faces.

I then copied the historical player_pics folder (that didn't work) into the saved games folder for the game I just created and voila, the real pictures appeared.

Why am I so blessed (if you can answer that)? If it works for you, then it should work for me. You say I have everything in the right place and I believe you.

What now?

Thanks.
mking55 is offline   Reply With Quote