View Single Post
Old 10-02-2015, 08:46 AM   #9
mking55
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastian Palkowski View Post
If you speak openly, let me speak openly: you are the only guy who asks something and then, when you don't get an immediate answer, start to get angry, write PM's that we should look into your posts, then send PM's again that we still did not look into your posts. We (Jeff, Malte, Cole and me) try to answer as many questions as possible (not only here but everywhere) and also work no-stop on the first patch to have it out in time for the weekend. Your problem, which we of course try to help you out, is "only" that you don't get the player pics automatically into your new games (we already helped you out with getting them into saves).

As with your first problem, I can't say what the problem is, because from your description ithe way you do iit sounds right. Best would be if you could post a screenshot from your data folder, so I can take a look if e.g. the naming conventions are correct.

Btw, you talk about cartoon guys, can you show me a pic from that, it sounds strange. Thx!
Yes, please speak openly. I don't mind. I don't agree with your "immediate answer" comment, but let us differ. The PM's are just to let you know that I have information there to be read.

Yes, I know you are busy with a lot of questions. However, I'm the paying customer who uses a MAC, which you sell your games for, who has all the support people tell him, "they are not MAC people". (Allow me to be perfectly clear. I have not had any correspondence with Malte). You should be if you are selling to the MAC population. However, we can disagree on that too.

The cartoon guys are the facegen pictures (or I think they are).

Forget the screenshot because I don't know how to put one on here with linking it from a website somewhere (which I don't have). However, this copy and paste from the "Get Info" selection within finder should tell you exactly where my photos are.

They are in the following 5 places: /Users/martinking/Library/Containers/com.ootpdevelopments.fhm2macappstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Out of the Park Developments/Franchise Hockey Manager 2/quickstart_games/Historical.quick/graphics/player_pics

/Users/martinking/Library/Containers/com.ootpdevelopments.fhm2macappstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Out of the Park Developments/Franchise Hockey Manager 2/quickstart_games/Majors.quick/graphics/player_pics

/Users/martinking/Library/Containers/com.ootpdevelopments.fhm2macappstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Out of the Park Developments/Franchise Hockey Manager 2/quickstart_games/Majors2014.quick/graphics/player_pics

/Users/martinking/Library/Containers/com.ootpdevelopments.fhm2macappstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Out of the Park Developments/Franchise Hockey Manager 2/quickstart_games/OpeningDay.quick/graphics/player_pics

/Users/martinking/Library/Containers/com.ootpdevelopments.fhm2macappstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Out of the Park Developments/Franchise Hockey Manager 2/photos

That's where they are now. This is what you told me in a previous annoying thread of mine:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastian Palkowski View Post
You can copy the pics to the quickstarts (historical and/or modern) and the game will copy them to the saves when starting a new game.

Just use the troubleshooting menu to go to the data folder and then:

.../data/quickstart_games/Historical.quicks/graphics/
Now your quote above does not mention the /graphics/player_pics folder, only that I should put my pictures in /graphics and don't say anything about the player_pics folder. If that's my mistake then I can fix that and why is the /player_pics folder there?

You can have whatever opinion you want of me. That is your prerogative. However as a paying customer I believe I'm entitled to an answer to my question and if you create a thread that has in it's title "quick questions" then it implies that a quick response will follow. I waiting 9 hours and seeing that other's questions were answered so I don't think I was out of line to complain about waiting so long for an answer. I would suggest you get rid of the word "quick" so as to not be confusing, and I also suggest that if you bypass someone's question you post that it's been noted and being worked on and will be answered in as soon a time as possible.

Of course, you don't have to use any of my suggestions. I'll be satisfied with an answer to this question. But to be perfectly honest, I'm not a happy customer and I think you could have done a better job in this instance. And you might not be a happy question-answerer dealing with a pain in the ass such as myself.

And just to throw in that I don't think I'm a total idiot (only a partial one). I worked in software development for over 20 years and I have some idea of the kind of questions that come in, and how to deal with question-askers in a prompt and courteous way.

Thanks if you help. If not, so be it.
mking55 is offline   Reply With Quote