View Single Post
Old 01-16-2015, 02:36 PM   #10
Hajew86
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by John C View Post
I am running some tests for a large solo dynasty I'd like to run, and I'm running into a rather severe problem.

The monopoly.

I have been running with reserve-era finances, only team-controlled free agency, no draft. And teams that have early success, or unearth that one megastar, end up acquiring megateams that own the league for decades. For instance, one team won 24 straight pennants.

So, this begs the question...outside of running the draft, what options are there for spreading the wealth? I tried to open up minor-league free agency for players who spend several years in the minors, prevented from playing by guys in front of them; that hasn't been too successful, either.

I'd love to see your ideas, tips, and anything else you can add.

Sincerely,
John
I like the idea of minor league FA however if you're looking to "spread the wealth" you should look into shortening the amount of years to 5 or less plus add in the rule 5 draft. That should start allowing teams to acquire the top talent the dominant franchise seems to be hoarding. It is a "draft" but not the kind of amateur draft you're trying to stay away from.

Last edited by Hajew86; 01-16-2015 at 02:37 PM.
Hajew86 is offline   Reply With Quote