View Single Post
Old 07-16-2019, 06:00 PM   #24
Bluellama44
Minors (Double A)

2/28/11

Spring Training Begins: Baseball is back and BNN will be there through it all, keeping tabs on the workouts and the practices, the cuts and the promotions. The regular season is just around the corner for American Baseball League organizations!

After the first week of spring training, the Bruins are 4-2. The top star so far has been Robbie Sandoval. Soudai Tomita is attempting closing during spring training. Alex Martinez suffered a sprained ankle and will be out for 2 weeks. Throughout the next stretch, the Bruins won 2 in a row and then had a 4 game slide.

I signed Sam Vance, a decent reliever, to a 1 year deal worth $440K.
Mike Fritz, one of the league’s best starters, suffered a strained oblique and will be out for 6 weeks.
Overall, we went 14-16 during spring training. I’m not surprised, as players are still getting used to playing for their new teams.

Top 100 Prospects List Published: The season is about to start, so it's time to publish the annual Top 100 Prospects list. This year 21-year-old CF Andy Palmerin of the Baltimore Cannons is the #1 prospect overall.

Here is the top 10:
1) CF Andy Palmerin, 21, Baltimore Cannons
2) RF Mauricio Moran, 22, Miami Flamingos
3) 3B Carel Nijenhuis, 20, New Orleans Gators
4) SS Ben Sherrill, 24, St. Louis Steamers
5) CF Rute Eduardo, 20, Carolina Flyers
6) CF Armando Perez, 20, St. Louis Steamers
7) RHP Ben Frost, 20, Miami Flamingos
8) SS Antonio Montalvo, 16, Los Angeles Mastodons
9) 3B Jayden Porter, 22, New Orleans Gators
10) LHP Rich Rhines, 19, Portland Moose

Thacker (56th), O. Sanchez (64th), Rittmeyer (72nd), Rios (81st) and J. Sanchez (100th) made the list. I believe that next year, due to our good picks, we will have a couple more prospects on this list. I did not inherit a very good farm system.
Bluellama44 is offline   Reply With Quote