View Single Post
Old 07-02-2019, 06:24 PM   #21
Bluellama44
Minors (Double A)

None of the prospects had above 2 star potential except for Chris Gammon, who’s a 23 year old 3 potential closer. Santana will be our #1 starter if Juan Garcia doesn’t sign. If Garcia does make the right decision and come to Chicago, he will be the ace with Santana being #2.

On the last day of winter meetings, 2 GMs approached me about Thomas Thacker. St. Louis Steamers GM Lorenzo Cruz offered a good 29 year old 3 star shortstop named Nick Hall, but I’d rather have Thacker while he’s young earning the minimum. Brooklyn GM Jose Duran offered 26 year old 2 star closer Jesus Paredes. Both offers were declined.

Boston signed Bill Catania to a 3 year deal worth $45.3M. That’s a heavy price for a 36 year old, but Catania remains an elite pitcher.
San Francisco and Atlanta made a trade involving a starting pitcher and 2 prospects.

12/8/10
ablnewsandrumors.com
Winter Meetings Come to a Close: With the Winter Meetings about to come to a close, some teams have made concrete decisions, while others look to be coming away with nothing. But appearances can be deceiving. What may be an outline now can easily be fleshed out into full-fledged plans. "A lot of people are leaving here with unfinished business, and they have discussions ongoing, Anatoly Adilov of the Los Angeles Mastodons said. "I believe the free agent market not breaking loose has stalled some things. We've got three or four open conversations that we'll just continue to follow up on and see if anything materializes."

(12/11/10) Joel Stephens signs an extension with Carolina for 6 years worth $71M. This is great news for the Flyers.
(12/12/10) The New Orleans Gators sign 35 year old Julio Martinez to a 4 year deal worth $35.3M.
Bluellama44 is offline   Reply With Quote